KeenHire’s Keen Recruiting Institute began it’s 1st 2010 training session on Friday, January 22. It is an exciting course for me to lead as I have 3 member companies who have already taken Keen’s Talent Strategy 3.0 / NAPS CERS course in attendance and 3 brand new Keen customers, 2 whom are Key contributors of dear friends of mine who own extremely successful staffing operations in California.
The students were challenged with coming up with their Unique Selling Proposition, reading Attracting Perfect customers and tying their 2010 personal goals with their business and sales goals.
Some highlights of the 1st weeks course are:
1. The Customer getting what they want, when they want it – Is critical. Actually, it’s all that REALLY matters.
2. The look and feel of the competition in Staffing & Recruitment is very different today than it was 24 months ago. Your current and future customers do not need more of the same, they need full scope solutions that effect retention, engagement and profitability.
3. If we are not being more efficient and more effective in our Recruiting process and exceeding our customers needs, someone else will!
4. It is not about us– Find out what is important to them.
5. What are their challenges and frustrations as it relates to their people – what keeps them up at night?
6. Sell to Decision Makers or don’t bother selling at all. Companies do not need to pay your rates to have you submit a resume to a VMS or a MSP. Your success will be temporary, at best with that approach.
7. Know what makes you better and different and if you sound just like everyone else, get to work on figuring out WHY a company should work with you instead of everyone else.
8. It is about them, what they need – not about what you want to sell them. For some of your that statement alone will be worth taking the time to read this.
9. They have big problems to solve, like global competition and we need to be more than an ista fix.
10. Follow a process for defining your ideal customer, targeting & prospecting to them, qualifying their pain, budget and possible gain, engaging in their purpose, creating a win/win solution, a process for closing as well as a process for quality service delivery.
11. Do the work or none of what you learn matters
Next Week we will be delving into
Defining Your Market Niche and Prospecting 101